12.28.2009

Allies in Troublemaking

So this would be Buckwheat (aka Bucky) the rescued barn cat - in this photo we have caught him in the act of stealing a roasted peanut in the shell. This is an important crime solving photo as we have been wondering how the corgis are getting peanuts. Ever since I put this bowl of peanuts out for holiday grazing, I've been finding peanut shells in the corgi girls beds, under the pillows on the sofa, under my desk and in assorted other hidey holes around the house. They know I'll take them away if I catch them so they are getting pretty crafty about hiding them till they're done. I asked Richard if he was giving the girls peanuts and lectured him about how they weren't supposed to have them etc. He denied being their accomplice and now we know who it really was! Just after this was taken Bucky pulled out a peanut and flipped it over the counter edge to the waiting Paula who then jetted off to the bedroom and her pile of shells under my bed!