5.09.2013

Considering Adopting ?

Even though I raise puppies I am also an advocate for pet adoption. My corgis are covered by a "never homeless" guarantee which means I will always help the families who get a corgi from me re-home their corgi if the need ever arises. I've only been asked to do this a couple of times in my years raising corgis but both times I was happy to help and satisfied that we found the dogs great homes. Unfortunately, not all breeders do this and consequently there are dogs out there with owners who either don't want them or simply can't continue to keep them and have no breeder to turn to for help. That's where adoption and rescue groups play such a vital role.

The graphic was sent to me by www.adoptapet.com
If you are considering adopting they might be a good resource.

At our house we have the purebred breeding pets and we also have 3 or 4 adoptees who live at the ranch at any given time. Our adopted dogs are sometimes rescues and often-times dogs that someone has simply turned loose in the country. Regardless they are almost always great dogs and we are often able to keep them and provide them with a lots of love and a great life.