7.25.2008

Back from the Junior National Hereford Expo

Jake
Jake and Buster

We spent last week in Kansas City for the Junior National Hereford Expo cattle show and had a great time. While there I delivered Tubby to Della and Bonnie to Sandy who took her to Colorado for Monty. The story about how both of these pups found their new homes is special. I donated Tubby to the Hereford Youth Foundation (HYFA) Auction held in May. Della was the high bidder and not only generously bid $1400 to HYFA for Tubby sight unseen, but also gave him a really great home. I could tell they hit it off from the moment they met and am very happy to know they were such a good match.
I sent an e-mail to several friends last month to let them know I had puppies available and as a result Sandy mentioned to Monty that I had pups. They had just met and Monty had told her that his family had recently lost their Corgi puppy in a tragic way. Sandy read my e-mail and searched the phonebook to find Monty and tell him. As it turns out their families have become friends and Bonnie made her way to Monty and Teresa as a result of Sandy's kindness.
While I was gone our friend Alex took great care of all the dogs. They were all glad to see us when we got back the the puppies had grown a bunch. Thanks to those of you who have spoken for several more of the boys and girls in the last week. Bubba will be going to California to live with Ann, Amy will be going to Mass to live with Jeff and family and Boo Boo will be going to El Paso to Joel and family. I am always grateful to know my pups are moving to good homes with loving families! I had a nice e-mail from Kari with pix of Jamie (now Jake) who now lives in Texas with Kari and her family. Sounds like he has it made - two kids who love him and his new friend Buster to play with! See pix with this posting.

No comments: