5.20.2013

Perspective

photo: Heath Alan taken in Moore, OK
I've seen the quote, "The Most Important Things in Life Aren't Things" many times but never in such a meaningful context. This photo was taken after the tornado struck Moore, OK this afternoon. It's been a heartbreaking day in Oklahoma today. We even had a bit of an alert here though we are 2 hours north of the Moore area, there was a tornado on the ground about 10 miles west of us. That was enough to get our attention and get all the dogs leashed and in the room where our "fraidy hole" entrance is. There's nothing quite like a tornado siren to make you prioritize what's important. Calls to family members to make sure everyone is in a safe place, the dogs ready to shelter with me, my laptop and my purse. That's it, but that's what is important .... me, the hubby, 5 corgis and a mastiff puppy in the fraidy hole !! Thank the Lord we and our family are all okay. Prayers going out for all the folks in Oklahoma who suffered tragic loss of homes, livestock, pets and in some cases family members. THANKS so much to so many of my corgi friends who called, texted or facebook messaged to check on me today !!