8.02.2011

The Dog Days of Summer



Dog Days pronounced daaawg daze is a southern term I've grown up with referencing the hot part of the summer when it is so hot you just wanted to sit around and do nothing like dogs on the porch. Sometimes the dog days are a short period and other summers, like this one, it seems as though they will never end. I keep listenting to the long-range forecast for a break in our weather. We have been over 100 degrees for ~30 days and there is not currently an end in sight except for a passing reference to a break mid-August IF hurricane season gets cranked up.

My personal version of dog days this summer includes the heat as seen from my desktop above, pastures and ponds that are dry and heat stressed AND five male puppies who are fantasic boys - cute, beautiful dogs who are fun, rambunctious and so ready for their new forever homes. I've had lots of calls about them but I can't ship by air to the folks who were on my wait list or have called from locations that would require me to ship. I am offering to keep these boys (3 sable and whites and 2 black tris) for their new families until air shipping is possible at no charge to the new family. If you might be interested in Buddy, Dillon, Hoss, Gus, or Festus please give me a call and we'll see what works out. It's important to me that they get great new homes so keeping them through the hot weather is fine for me. We'll continue with puppy summer camp here at my house for the duration of the dog days :-)